Friday 4 October 2013

Refashion Friday Inspiration: Shirt Detail T-shirt Top


Today's Refashion Friday post is about a garment that, in a similar vein to the frill hem denim shirt remake, has a few different elements going. But maybe a feature or two might provide some inspiration even if the whole thing doesn't work for you! 


So what IS going on here? Well the base of this top is an unwanted grey marl dude's T-shirt that had the sleeves removed and the hem chopped off. An equally neglected men's button-up shirt was then ransacked for pieces to apply to the T-shirt/tank basis. The button stand was cut away and top-stitched down the front. Sections of the sleeves were harvested to make new slightly puffy sleeves (with cuff bands made from the hem part of the original T-shirt).  


The new top also features a waist band/tie made from harvested shirt fabric. Overall, this top is fairly cropped and quite boxy. Personally I think my favourite element is the applied button stand: such a simple feature that could add an unexpected design element to a variety of makes. 


9 comments:

RhondaBuss said...

Very cute top. Great use of fabrics.

Unknown said...

Very cute indeed !! love the bow detail , you have completely transformed this. New fan :D xx

EmSewCrazy said...

I like the idea of combining the two different fabrics.

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful inspiration :)

I follow you beautiful blog. I hope you will follow me back and I will wait for you in my blog www.gabusiek.blogspot.com

French Toast Tasha said...

My favorite part is the idea of knit binding/trim on woven fabric. I'm definitely storing that one for future reference!

Miche said...

I ADORE this! The colors go perfectly and the tie front is perfect (I've tried to make tie front shirts a few times..major failure). You're inspiring me to try try again!

Unknown said...

I love these posts, I always find them really inspirational!

Sewing by Shirley said...

I really like the look!

Susan said...

Great post yet I was thinking about whether you could compose a litte more on this subject?Explore photo and video images on Instagram, latest posts and popular posts about Pikdo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...